The Second and Third Presidential Debate of 2016

ArgueMax
Site Admin

The Second and Third Presidential Debate of 2016

#1 Post by ArgueMax » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:16 am

When I was a young child, I loved watching magicians, but, perhaps unlike most kids, I was always obsessed with figuring out how the trick was done. I figured, what would be more fun than being tricked but finding out how the trick was done?

I learned that others did not appreciate me spoiling the secret for them. People, to my surprise, enjoyed being bewildered and thinking that there might be some mystery and unknowns in the universe.

Anyway, this is one of my talents, I believe, is to find out how things really work instead of what we are tricked into thinking.

If you think Hillary one the presidential debates, I have bad news for you. You have been conned. Hillary Clinton employed techniques to trick you. I admit, she is very skilled at this and watching her reminded me very much of watching a magician. She is a performer. But she is not nearly as honest as you would like to think, if you are a fan of hers.

Logical Fallacies

From time to time, Hillary uses the Argument from Authority logical fallacy and stress that "experts" had concluded something. This is a ploy used by religions and cults and I see them work a lot. It is also used by conspiracy theorists to back up a claim. It does not count. If you can not explain why something is true, saying so-and-so says, is a weak argument. Albeit, I admit we should not expect Hillary, in this setting to go into specifics as to how it is known that Russians hacked into the DNC, it still does not count. What is more, if these "experts" are hired by the Clinton Camp, it does not pass the bar as unbiased opinions. They will have a desire to conclude what their employers are paying them to conclude.

There were other logical fallacies I noticed, but, in the interest of time and since the election is running down, I will get to the most widely used scan Hillary uses.

Laugh when you are caught

Hillary does this constantly and I am surprised that I might be the only one to discover this. When she can not rely on the truth to make her look good, she laughs or chuckles or smiles confidently. Then she will dodge the question completely. She did this on the campaign trail and she does this in interviews. I hope that people catch on before the election (please share this). Otherwise we will eventually all catch on and we will be stuck with four years (or less) of this:

[/youtube]