The Website With An Unfortunate Name

If you have questions or concerns about this web forum. Please post them here.
ArgueMax
Site Admin

The Website With An Unfortunate Name

#1 Post by ArgueMax » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:39 am

ArgueMax.com is an Official PAC registered with the Federal Election Committee, but the origins of its name came long before its use as a Political Action Committee. The business model of ArgueMax.com is patented and copyrighted. It is not like a typical web forum. If you notice, most blogs, forums and even op-ed pieces and editorials on the internet are riddled with comments that are ill-informed, knee-jerk reactions to the topic. This is bad. It should not be this way. People should feel a sense of responsibility to pause and do honest and unbiased research on topics before commenting on them. The universe is counter-intuitive. Things are not as they first seem. This is the case with ideas as well, what might first seem absurd or what you might not want to believe might actually be true. This is why ArgueMax.com is set up as a website where you have to pay a very small fee for membership in order to make a post. This is because:
  1. If you actually have to spend money to belong -- albeit a small amount -- you will tend make sure what you contribute is worth actual money. This will give you pause and introspection.
  2. If you do not have any expendable income at all, you should not be spending time on the internet. You should be working to improve your life and get a better job. This is the same wisdom in the UK where the law insisted that people pay a tax to watch television. It is necessary to prevent the unemployed from wasting time watching television.
  3. It is a better tool than anything to weed out bots. Any webmaster, who runs any sort of Content Management System, knows that spambots are a problem. But since bots don't have bank accounts, I have solved this problem.
But why, you might ask, did I choose "ArgueMax.com" as the web site for the PAC. Well, unique URL names are difficult to come by. All the good ones have been taken and, you might notice, many of the ones that you want have already been claimed have nothing to do with the service they provide. What does the Amazon have to do with selling books? What does EBay have to do with making online bids? What is an "Ebay" anyway? When it came time to create a Super PAC to stop Hillary from becoming president, all the good URL names that would fit such a committee were either taken or too long. So decided to use "ArgueMax". It is short and memorable. You have to work with what you have.

If you are offended with the word "Argue", I suggest you think of the definition of the word as being colloquial synonymous with "Debate". If that is not acceptable, I ask you consider "ArgueMax" as a play on the word "Arguement". An argument is a noun, not an action. People debate arguments. Finally, if that is not acceptable, consider this: I have recently acquired "DebateMax.com" and I will be mirroring the content of this website onto "DebateMax.com" as soon as I have time.

ArgueMax
Site Admin

Re: The Website With An Unfortunate Name

#2 Post by ArgueMax » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:29 am

By the way, I know no one likes to Argue, but ArgueMax is just a name. It is like saying you do not like the singer "Meat Loaf" because you are a vegetarian, or you do not like to shop at The Banana Republic because you are allergic to bananas; or you do not like The Beatles because you have arachnophobia. It is just a name. It is like saying you never listened to Nirvana because you assumed it was religious music. ArgueMax was a URL I acquired for a different reason long ago. It is short and memorable. That is all. When the Beatles came to the USA they were asked what the name means and John Lennon said "it is just a name. We could just have easily called ourselves "The Shoes".

ArgueMax
Site Admin

#3 Post by ArgueMax » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:45 pm

What is in a name, anyway?

"Bad Company" was a very popular band in the 1970's and 1980's. And the word "Bad" is right in the name just like the word "Argue" is in our name.

Some names are the subject of irony. Microsoft is now neither, micro nor soft. They can easily be thought of as huge and one of their faults has been their resistance to change or alteration.

Apple Computer was thought up during a meeting where people were throwing out ideas randomly, when "Apple" was brought up, it was the only name that no one objected to. They decided to keep it until they thought of something better. They never did.

Everyeyeshallsee
Referral: Bill Thompson

#4 Post by Everyeyeshallsee » Sun May 24, 2015 5:27 am

a name can brand you, a name helps others to remember something about you....a name allows others who dont know you to learn about you. lol...funny about the Beatles, etc remarks you made Max. why is there not more activity going on around here?

ArgueMax
Site Admin

#5 Post by ArgueMax » Wed May 27, 2015 2:25 pm

Everyeyeshallsee wrote:a name can brand you, a name helps others to remember something about you....a name allows others who dont know you to learn about you. lol...funny about the Beatles, etc remarks you made Max. why is there not more activity going on around here?
We are still new.